Aqara Motion Sensor P1
Motion Sensor P1 detects body motion and the state of ambient light. If there are any people moving or any change in the ambient light state in the areas under detection, the motion sensor will send notice to the Aqara Home app through the connected Aqara Zigbee 3.0 Hub or link to other devices.
Aqara Motion Sensor P1 is compatible with the following systems:
Updated and most advanced version of this best-selling motion sensor
Motion Sensor P1 detects body motion and the state of ambient light. If there are any people moving or any change in the ambient light state in the areas under detection, the motion sensor will send notice to the Aqara Home app (iOS/Android) through the connected Aqara Zigbee 3.0 Hub or link to other devices.
- Configurable Detection Timeout: The detection timeout can be configured without any hardware modding. Just set any timeout from 1 to 200 seconds, confirm by pressing the device button. (Please note: decreasing the detection timeout leads to shorter battery life)
- 5-Year Battery Life*: Thanks to the energy saving technologies and improved batteries, the Motion Sensor P1 now can reach a record five-year battery life, which will make its battery life long even in case of extra-low temperatures or lightning-fast detection timeouts.
- All-Round Compatibility: Compatible with the most popular smart home ecosystems. HomeKit, Alexa, IFTTT, and more are supported. Matter support will be available as an OTA update of Aqara hubs after the official release of specification.
- 170° Field of View: Extra wide field of view, 170° for up to 2 meters and 150° for up to 7 meters. Moreover, thanks to its versatile 360-degree stand, the viewing angle can be adjusted so that only the motion in the desired area will be detected.
- Adjustable Sensitivity (Distance): The user can configure how sensitive the sensor will be. Three sensitivity modes (high, medium and low), refer to the distance the sensor will be triggered from, which can help to reduce false alarms and make installation more flexible.
- Built-in Light Sensor: The light sensor built-in into the P1 can be used to control the lights more precisely. For example, only turn on the lights when it’s dark and motion is detected in order to save energy and increase the lifespan of lights.
- Smart Home Automations: Motion sensor is a natural part of the majority of smart home automations: configure the IF conditions as well as THEN actions, and many routine tasks such as turning on the lights, opening curtains or controlling the TV will become automated**.
- Local and Remote Alarm: Thanks to the Aqara Home Alert System, the Motion Sensor P1 may become a reliable security device: configure away mode in the app, and enjoy constant monitoring, local sound and light alarms and cloud notifications in case motion is detected. Or, use it in HomeKit or other supported systems for the same purpose.
- Zigbee 3.0 Protocol: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- Future-Proofing via OTA: The sensor now supports OTA updates, which means that new features and fixes can be added after the release of the product.
* 5-year battery life can be achieved with the LED indication function turned off and with detection timeout not less than 30 seconds.
** Aqara Zigbee 3.0 hub and controllers are required for this functionality.
1. Fully-automated lighting control
IF a motion in darkness is detected, THEN the Motion Sensor P1 will trigger the smart wall switch to automatically turn on the light.
IF no motion is detected for a long time, THEN it will trigger the smart switch to automatically turn off the light.
2. Bed presence detection
Just install the Motion Sensor P1 above the bed, adjust the angle and sensitivity, and you will be able to trigger the “Good night” scene (e.g., close the curtain and turn off the light) automatically and without any privacy concerns.
3. Easy and instant night light control
Thanks to the built-in light sensor, the Motion Sensor P1 can turn on the night light made of an LED strip automatically, when you wake up at night.
(Motion Sensor P1 + Hub + LED Strip Controller (Coming soon) or Relay/Switch Module)
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 be installed and how do I install them?
- Install in the area that you want to be monitored, for example in the living room or bedroom (during installation, please refer to the detection range in the quick start guide).
- A coffee table, shoe cabinet or desk can be used, but ensure that it is installed close to the edge (recommended height is 1.2m/3.94ft to 2.0m/6.56ft);
- Do not place it on a metal surface or allow something to block the motion sensor P1.
What should I pay attention to when I install the Motion Sensor P1?
- Do not install the sensor on tile, glass, marble and other smooth and moist surfaces, this could make the adhesive come off.
- Do not install the sensor on the surface of high-temperature and heat objects such as lighting tubes, this could make the adhesive come off.
- Do not install the sensor on rough and uneven surfaces such as wall coverings, this could make the adhesive come off.
- Do not put the senor towards hot objects such as electrical appliances when installing to avoid false triggering caused by infrared interference.
How to reset the motion sensor P1? When should it be reset?
- Press and hold the reset button on the motion sensor P1 for 5 seconds. The indicator will flash 3 times before resetting to factory defaults.
- If a connected sensor needs to be connected to another Hub, it must be reset first.
Why does the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 fail to connect? How to reconnect?
There are 3 possible reasons:
- Operation error. You need to add the accessory according to Add Accessory method again.
- The accessory is too far away from the Hub. Move the accessory closer to the Hub, to improve the connection and communications.
- There are more than 32 accessories under the Hub.
Why does the blue light flash once when someone is detected passing by?
- The Motion Sensor P1 will flash blue once when it detects motion within the first 5 minutes after joining the network.
- When the “trigger indicator” is set, a blue light will flash once when motion is detected.
When the reset button of Motion Sensor P1 is pressed, why does the indicator flash?
- The indicator does not flash when the reset button is pressed: the device is not bound to the hub, or the battery is depleted, or there is damage to the device.
- The indicator flashes once when the reset button is pressed: the device is bound to the hub, but the device is offline.
- The indicator flashes twice when the reset button is pressed: the device is connected to the hub normally.
Why does the indicator of the Motion Sensor P1 change from blue to red?
Battery is low.
If a pet enters the detection area of the Aqara Motion Sensor P1, will it trigger the sensor?
Yes. However if you do not want a pet to trigger the sensor, then refer to the detection diagram in the quick start guide and place the motion sensor in a higher location. Therefore a pet will not trigger the sensor when it moves on the ground. (Please refer to the quick start guide regarding the installation options).
Why does the device report motion detected when no one is passing?
- There may be some objects releasing heat in the detection area of the Motion Sensor P1, which can then interfere with infrared detection, you should try to remove these products from the detection zone.
- Hot and cold air flow with a large temperature difference may appear in the detection area of the Motion Sensor P1.
How to identify if the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 works properly?
Click the reset button of the Motion Sensor P1. If the Hub makes voice prompts, “Normal link confirmed”, it indicates that the Hub and the Motion Sensor are communicating properly; If there is no voice prompt, please move the sensor and the hub closer together and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or the battery life may have depleted. Please refer to the accessory adding methods to add the accessory or replace the battery.
Under what conditions does the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 go offline frequently?
There are 3 possible reasons:
- The sensor is too far away from the Hub, please try to install the sensor closer to the Hub.
- Low battery or dead battery. Try to replace the battery.
- The sensor is installed on the metal surface and the signal is being interfered with. Try to avoid metal surfaces.
How can we use the "Detection Interval"?
The “Detection Interval” is to set the shortest time interval from the previous time of “motion detected” to the next one. For example, the default interval is 10 seconds, then after the motion is detected, no other motion will be detected within 10 seconds.
Why does my Aqara Motion Sensor P1 not respond but the light flashes normally when I press the reset button is pressed?
There are 3 possible reasons:
- PIR probe or lens has been damaged;
- The device is in the trigger interval;
- The device is offline, Ensure the device and the hub are connected properly.
Physical and Performance Attributes